By Jessie Forand / Nokian Tyres
While we all know getting the latest, most innovative tires is exciting, the question remains – what should we do with our old set?
The answer is simple: Recycle them!
Traditional recycling allows for the breakdown and repurposing of old tires, which helps reduce waste and promotes a healthy future for the environment, but we wondered what sort of unique, quirky options existed to reuse tires by making them into something fun and functional.
The possibilities for tire-centric projects are endless, so let your imagination lead you. For those who need some inspiration to get going, we took it upon ourselves to scour the internet and found some truly amazing creations:
- Welcome guests with a friendly frog
- Make a pond! Use tires as a landscaping tool for a tranquil backyard getaway
- Feed your creative side – and your family – with raised beds
- Wishing well planters to brighten up your yard
- Create your favorite petals with flower planting pots
- More ideas you’ll never tire of seeing
- Tether ball for fun summer entertaining
- Bike rack – keep your trusty transportation safe and secure
- Colorful outdoor seating options to make entertaining memorable
- Who doesn’t want a pet alligator?
- A … chicken bath…
- If you’re feeling really ambitious…
- “Tyre-annosaurus” dinosaur garden the little ones can help DIY
- A tire see-saw for endless outdoor fun
- How can we not mention a tire swing? Classic.
- A swing set ladder for climbers-in-training